The Better Together CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Project was set up to help Plymouth businesses and the community to connect together in a simpler way.
Devon Chamber of Commerce, Plymouth Guild and the Plymouth Drake Foundation have now formed a partnership under the Better Together brand, working closely with Plymouth City Council, to deliver a simple “one stop shop” approach to make it easier for businesses to contribute to their local community and in turn help them realise the business benefits that this delivers.
Through collaboration and joined up working the Better Together partnership will bring together volunteering and giving opportunities from across the City for businesses to access. This could take the form of volunteering and / or donating time, expertise, skills and other resources, including money.
What does this mean to you?
- Direct access to opportunities in the City for your business to deliver CSR objectives and contribute to your local community
- Engaging your employees, developing their skills, boosting morale and increasing retention and loyalty
- Raised awareness and understanding of local community issues and challenges
- Positive brand image with raised visibility in the community
- Raised awareness and understanding of the help and support available, which could benefit you, your employees and their families
- The opportunity for your business to demonstrate and get recognition for the wider contribution you make to your City
If you want to find out more about how Better Together can help you, you can contact Clare Elliott at the following email address email@example.com
You can also contact:
Plymouth Guild: Chris Burnett, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plymouth Drake Foundation, Paul Read, email: email@example.com
Managing Long Term Health Conditions in the Workplace
Here are the slides from the breakfast event which took place on Monday 7 September 2015:
Steve Waite, Chief Excutive, Plymouth Community Healthcare - Managing Long Term Health Conditions in the Workplace
Rob Nelder, Consultant Public Health Intelligence, Plymouth City Council - Thrive
George Plenderleith Chief Excutive Officer and Jan White EPP Co-ordinator, Plymouth Guild - EPP Presentation
Claire Hill and Alison Rowntree - Health Champions Presentation
events and training
Join us for our monthly networking breakfast event to debate the county's crunchy topics. Tyler Wakeford, Regional Researcher at Prime Ministers Office for the South West will join us to...
Open For Business: Conference and Exhibition
OPEN FOR BUSINESS Combe Martin, Ilfracombe & Woolacombe 4th annual business conference & exhibition and NEW business awards COMBEbusiness, the business group representing the Combe Martin, Ilfracombe and...
Meet the Chamber: Plymouth
Join us for the Devon Chamber's FREE networking event, Meet The Chamber. This event is designed to: Welcome members that are new to...